Sunday, April 15, 2012

My New Recipe Creation

Let me start off by saying my husband is not a fan of change... or trying new things.  So when he asked me from his tractor last night "What's for supper?--he wasn't real enthused with my answer "Casserole Surprise".  He asked what the surprise was and I told him the surprise would be whether or not it was edible.  He responded that he might just drive tractor all night long. 

Now I've been know to try and "create" recipes sometimes.  We usually do a "once-a-month" grocery shopping trip.  So, when supplies get low, I get creative.  And it usually fails.  Miserably.   But this one was a success.  My husband went back for seconds and I would make it again in a heartbeat.

We renamed it though:  Spicy Chicken Bacon Club Casserole.  Sounds much more appealing than Casserole Surprise!

Spicy Chicken Bacon Club Casserole
 Total Time:  About 40 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 2 large spicy chicken breast fillets (I used Schwanz.  These are our favorite because they have real chicken meat inside.  Any kind would probably do.)
  •  1-12 oz package of Reames Egg Noodles
  • 1 can of Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 4 slices of bacon
  • 1/8 cup of Parmesan cheese
Put spicy chicken breasts in oven to bake.  While they are baking, boil Egg Noodles in a large pot of water.  (I added a little bit of salt for flavor.)  Cook bacon.  I used the microwave to cut down on mess/smell. Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, chop into 1 inch strips.  Drain cooked noodles, and then layer noodles in the bottom of a 9x9 pan.  Completely cover the noodles with 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup and 2 cups of milk (I just filled the soup can back up with milk).  Layer the spicy chicken pieces next, followed by the bacon.  Finally, top it off with the Parmesan cheese.

Cook at 400* for about 20 minutes.  (This is the temperature my chicken had to cook at, so I just left my oven set there.) 

Enjoy!  Just a fair warning:  It may not be waist-line friendly, but it was a big hit at our house!  :)


1 comment:

  1. sounds great Laura. Good job. you could make it healthy and add some vegetable to it.

    ReplyDelete