Easter Sunday was a sullen day in our neck of the woods. Daddy's parents got a phone call that his great-aunt and his 2nd cousin had been killed in a car wreck on their way to Easter dinner. I didn't know them well. But I do know that his 87 year-old (at-the-time), great-aunt came to our wedding in taller high-heeled shoes than I was wearing. She was one of those older ladies that you look at and say, "Gosh, I hope I age like that!" We were sure she would live to be 110.
Today was the funeral and Daddy wanted to take Kaiden so that he could meet some family that he's never seen before.
We had a good day in Kindergarten today. My kids had their music program last night so they were kind of tired. I am pretty proud of them for the progress they have made this year. Today marks only 22 days left of school (ohmygoshwehavesomuchlefttodo!!) Friday is an early release day, so I was looking forward to getting home early and getting some much needed housework done while baby boy and Daddy were gone.
Well, it's 10:00... and the errands are run, the bills are payed, the 2011 taxes are on the china hutch ready to go to the post office tomorrow. I wrote about 15 thank yous and "catch-up" notes to family and close friends. The house is clean (I'd lie and say it's spotless but I'm sure my little bug could find dust bunnies somewhere)... And Daddy and Kaiden are still on the road... :( And this clean house IS SOOO LONELY!
I just realized that I haven't been bored since I've had Kaiden. There is never a dull minute with him and I LOVE LOVE LOVE soaking up every possible minute with him. I hear plenty of parents say they need a break or time away from their kids but I haven't reached that point yet. I don't know that I ever will. So time away? No thanks! I'll take my potty-partner, shower-interrupter, 20 lb. weight on my hip while doing dishes, broom chaser any day of the week over this quiet, lonely house!!!
I love your blog!!! I can relate, it's so weird how u can be so bored and lonely when your child,or in my case children are not around. It makes me sad and depressed.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your blog. I wish you much luck. Love aunt Joyce
ReplyDelete